Adaptation is specifically designed to help individuals
who suffer from depression. Depression is a complex
and often confusing emotion.
Sometimes the causes of depression are clear and other times depression can seem to come out of nowhere. Symptoms can range from feelings of vague but persistent discontentment to frightening feelings that life is more than you can manage. It can be an emotion of intense sadness or a bitter feeling that no one really cares and no one can be trusted.
At its worst, depression can be a feeling of complete numbness where nothing seems to matter and suicide begins to feel like the only way to escape the pain.
Adaptation understands that depression does not have simple answers, but you do not have to suffer alone and without hope. Adaptation can help you learn how to use your unique strengths to challenge depressive feelings, make important and necessary changes in your life, manage relationships with difficult people, and improve your capacity to cope with stress. No one deserves to feel like his or her life does not matter. If you or a loved one is suffering from depression don’t hesitate to contact Adaptation. Life is too precious to waste.
How Can Treatment Help?
- Obtain emotional support to help you through difficult periods of depression.
- Explore your major life conflicts and make important decisions about them.
- Identify your strengths and learn to use them to battle depressive feelings.
- Learn to deal with difficult people, set boundaries, and say no to unreasonable demands.
- Improve relationships with the people you love.
- Set goals effectively and increase your opportunities for success.
- Manage stress to help prevent the onset of depression.
- Make healthy lifestyle changes that allow you to be more resistant to depression.
- Learn to identify and challenge thoughts that trigger feelings of depression.
- Change patterns of damaging behavior that contribute to depression.